Ecology and Health International charity non-governmental foundation “ECOSAN” from 1992 performs its activities in the form of non-governmental non-commercial organization. Its activity is focused on rendering of assistance for stabilization of ecological situation, development and implementation of programs and projects in the sphere of environment and stable development, provision of medical-consultative, treatment-preventing and charity help to population of ecologically problem regions, primarily Aral Sea region, formation of ecologic perception and philosophy among population of the Republic.
Based on primary mission, focused on assistance in provision of stable ecological development, “ECOSAN” successfully implemented target programs “Days of ecology and health”, “Health trains “ECOSAN”, “ECOSAN in makhalla”, “Youth and environment”, “Woman, ecology and health”, “Life culture in rural areas: social-hygienic and ecological aspects”. Implementation of these projects encouraged involvement of ministries, institutions of Uzbekistan, political parties and other social institutions, higher education institutes and scientific institutes, wide segments of people, and also regional local administrative bodies, in collaborative activities and performance of large-scale events considering landscape and gardening of sites, assuming environmental safety measures at industrial, agricultural and transport enterprises.
In order to provide Governmental support to ICF “ECOSAN”, the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan has adopted the following documents:
- January,27, 1993 Resolution № 27-f “On Health trains «ECOSAN»;
- November ,17 ,1994 Resolution № 556 “On Governmental support of International Health and Ecology charity non-governmental foundation “ECOSAN”
- March, 18 ,1997 № 108 Order “On holding annual Days of ecology and health in the Republic; and etc.
ICF «ECOSAN» planned and consistently performed all its annual activities in the light of primary objectives, reflected in Governmental programs.
In years 2009 - 2013 activity of the Foundation was performed in four directions:
- Formation of healthy lifestyle among population and youth, propaganda of balanced relationships with environment; particularly:
- in collaboration with a number of governmental and social organizations, in dedication to International ecology days, there were organized appropriate events;
- there was conducted a number of meetings considering performance of Recommendations in Fergana region, adopted at “Public hearings” in the light of realization of law requirements of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On water consumption”, dedicating them to World Water resources day;
- in the framework of Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “Considering preparation and performance of honoring of 2200 anniversary of Tashkent city” and joint resolution of Tashkent city hokim “Tashkent Ecology: my home is my city” in the National University of Uzbekistan there was organized research-to-practice conference the topic of which was “Relationships of nature and human”, and materials related to it were printed as a brochure and distributed for free;
- in collaboration with public Center “Ijtimoy fikr” there was conducted social inquiry of population “Ecology and health in the mirror of public opinion” and by its results the Academy of science of Uzbekistan conducted a seminar on a topic “Principles of studies of public opinion considering ecology”;
- were organized round-table conferences on problems of ecology, that were conducted in State customs committee, Institute of Customs, Specialized customs complex “TashAero”;
- in collaboration with State nature committee and General Prosecution Office of Uzbekistan there were organized the meetings on topics: “On activities of prosecutors supervision in respect to execution of legislative requirements, oriented to protection of freedom civil liberties and objectives ”, “Role of ecology in stable development of society”;
- there were conducted the meetings: in Nizami TSPU on a topic: ”Human is a part of nature”, in Pediatric medical institution considering presentation of the book “Medical poluses”, on a topic: “Ecology and Health” and in Tashkent colleges of Mechanical Engineering, Pedagogy and Economy, Termez and Denau medical colleges, in Denau multi-speciality hospital, on a topic: “Ecology, health and ecological education in 21-st century” in Medical Liceum under Medical Academy on a topic: “Ecology, health and youth”, in regular schools № 73, 274, 258 of Tashkent city, № 3 in Termez city with participation and addressing of scientists and specialists in the sphere of ecology and medicine, (On all stages of these events there was practiced, including participants of the events, distribution, on a free basis, of materials considering healthy lifestyle, ecology, sanitary-hygienic attitude development – literature and posters, “Map of environmental protection of the Republic of Uzbekistan”, published by “ECOSAN”. These events were also targeted on objected on creation in all these educational institutions of “Ecologist Corners” and creation (expansion of created earlier ones) “Youth corners” as a response to traditional annual initiative of “ECOSAN”: “Revive the tradition – plant a tree).
- Realization of joint pilot projects, targeted on improvement of ecological, social-hygienic conditions in ecologically problem regions, population health improvement and protection of environment
- the Republic of Karakalpakstan: in community “Istiklol” of Turtkul district, Navoiy region: in massive “Mustakillik” Nurota city, Kaskadarya region: in makhalla “Jar” of Chirokchin district, Namangan region: in makhalla “Makhalla” mustakillik of Chust district, Tashkent region: in makhalla “Akhil” of Yangiyul district there were financed projects and and fully and with high quality were accomplished all the tasks. (for these aims were spent total 208,9 billion UZS);
- in year 2009 was successfully implemented and finished the Project involving provision of photoelectrical units on the basis of utilization of solar cells SWH «Akdigir» in Turtkul district and «Chukurgok» in Ellikkala district of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, located far from traditional sources of power supply. There was developed, supplied and installed the system of power supply on the basis of combined photoelectrical stations type KFS-50/12).
- in year 2009 was implemented a Project: «Introduction, selection and development of rational agricultural technologies for cultivation and use of new sorts and hybrids of adornment, medical, edible and feeding plants on salinized soils of South Karakalpakstan», together with Amir Temur Botanical garden in the Republic of Karakalpakstan;
- in years 2009-2010 with the assistance of TICA there were realized 8 pilot projects of “ECOSAN”, targeted on provision of rural citizens of the Republic by drinking water, due to this collaboration more than 50 thousand rural citizens of the Republic of karakalpakstan, Surkhandarya, Horezm and Tashkent regions get an access to pure drinking water, also there was objectively improved the sanitary-epidemiological condition of these regions ; (for these aims there were spent 316,6 billion UZS)
- in year 2011 in the framework of the Project: «Support of untraditional forms of ecological education for children of pre-school and school age » there was published a book of the poet Raim Farkhadi «Climatic changes through eyes of children» and a poster «10 rules of cleanliness» in Uzbek and Russian languages;
- in year in the framework of the Project : «Ecology and health in the mirror of public opinion» (sociological study) was published a brochure « Ecology and health in the mirror of public opinion ».
- In years 2012-2013 was realized internation joint project of “ECOSAN” in collaboration with French Technical Development and Collaboration Agency (ACTED) in Uzbekistan: «Strong public health service, based on participation of communities in Andijan and Surkhandarya regions », financed by European Union.. Aim of the project – is assistance in decreasing the level of infectious diseases by performance of large-scale awareness-building among the population, increasing of sanitary-hygienic culture and knowledge in the sphere of infectious diseases;
- Organization and holding of review competitions considering provision of health and ecological situation:
- Together with Tashkent City Hokimiyat, in the framework of Joint Plan of events: “Ecology of Tashkent: my home is my city, in collaboration with its Landscaping and planting divisions, enterprises of “Maxsustrans”, public utilities service providers, culture and recreational parks, annually and traditionally there is held a review competition for the place of the best service in this spheres. The winners in categories “The best landscape and planting collective ”, “The best crew of Maxsustrans”, “Showcase entrance hall”, “Showcase high-rise apartment building», “The best culture and recreation Park ” in recent years were ceremonially awarded in Uzbek Drama Theatre and Mukimiy Uzbek musical drama theatre);
- In collaboration with Muslim Society of Uzbekistan was prepared and performed Republican review competition “The best neighbor – charity provider” under a slogan “Neighbor to neighbor”;
- in collaboration with Republican Educational Center “Bio ECOSAN”, State Nature Committee, Republican foundation “Healthy Generation (Soglom avlod uchun)” among pupils of regular schools was prepared and held the review-competition “Nature yesterday, today and tomorrow”;
- annual participation, in respect to preparation and organization of the Republican competition “The best reporting work on environmental protection and strong development ”Qoplon”;
- each year as organizer annually participates, together with Art Academy, SDP “Adolat”, Labor Union Federation of Uzbekistan, in held review competition under a slogan: “Independent Uzbekistan is the most important, my support and my proud” in K. Bekhzod Art and Design Institution, Photo House, Art Museum in nomination “This land is my Homeland ” in the spheres of photography, video, design, art and crafts art.
- Support of population, that needs social protection, provision of beneficent help to them :
- in the Republic of Karakalpakstan was sent (37,8 billion UZS) humanitarian freight, also fluorographical and electrocardiographical devices, dental surgery, and other necessary medical devices by the train “ECOSAN – Uzbekistan Railway (Uzbekiston temir yullari)” -” – “Health train” including 18 highly experienced doctors from the capital, which performed detailed medical examination of citizens, living near railway stations “Karakalpakiya”, “Buston”, “Jaslik” and also workers at these railway stations. (“ECOSAN- trains” profile – single-use syringes and X-ray films were delivered to CB of Karakalpakstan and 24 regional medical hospitals as a humanitarian aid);
- to Horezm region - by “ECOSAN- Health train was sent humanitarian aid in the amount of 91,3 billion UZS distributed by the decision of a specialized commission of regional hokimiyat on distribution of humanitarian aid among population and social objects in Bogot, Hazorasp, Urgench, Shovot, Khiva, Yangibozor, Gurlan, Yangiarik;
- healthcare providing institutions of Tashkent city and Health Care Department of Uch-Tepa district were provided by desinfectants for the value of 35,0 billion UZS, for prophylaxis of infectious diseases as a humanitarian aid;
- in Tashkent region – Gazalkent KHK,; - in Namangan city to city educational center “Bioecosan” , № 101 special orphanage-school for deaf children and № 103 orphanage-school of Hamza district and other ones in Tashkent city were devoted 12.4 billion UZS as a humanitarian aid – ecological literature, colorful posters and furniture;
- in collaboration with Republican foundation “Nuroniy” on December 3, 2013 – on a holiday “Kurban Haiiyt” and International day of Disabled Persons during held events there was provided charity help to participants of wars and labor veterans and also to Treatment Center for Veterans;
- The Foundation, in aims of improvement of sanitary-hygienic condition of health-care provision services devoted the amount of 42.0 billion UZS to Karakalpak branch of “ECOSAN”, to sanatorium for war participants and veterans “Nuroniy”, public foundation of social rehabilitation for disabled children “APLA”, HealthCare Department of Fergana region and also to Metropolitan Disinfection Station and to child infectious diseases hospitals № 2 and № 3 in the amount of 22,0 billion UZS) disinfectant and sterilization means as a humanitarian aid.
Considering the moments requiring special attention that are relevant to ecology and sanitary-hygiene International public foundation “ECOSAN” in the framework of realization of information-awareness and publishing activities, has published:
- the books: “Use of water, drinking water and protection of water resources”,“Ecology and health in the eyes of society”,“Climatic changes throughout eyes of children”,”Wonderful adventures of little climate”, “Ecology”; set of colorful posters: “Ecology dates”;brochures:-“Recommendations considering eating habits for rural citizens”and “Cleanliness is a guarantee of health” articles“Rules of transpersonal communications (RTC), Prophylaxis of infectious diseases among children and propaganda among the population”
Today, in order to involve large amounts of people into activities of “ECOSAN” there are performed works for development of the website “ECOSAN”, preparation and creation , of a database with new more interesting materials about ecology, healthy lifestyle, educative materials considering these spheres, especially for youth.
During reporting period, events of the Foundation in collaboration with ministries, departments, especially State Nature Committee were covered via television and radio, in general, activities of the Foundation were covered by newspapers “Rural life (Qishloq hayoti)”, ”Helth Care in Uzbekistan (Uzbekistonda soglikni saqlash)”, ”Tashkent Night (Toshkent oqshomi)”, ”ECOstability (ECOmuvozanat)” ”Ecology-health (Ecologiya-salomatlik)”, “Nuroniy”, “Voice of Uzbekistan(Uzbekistan ovozi)”, “Light way (Nurli Jol)”, “Voice of tajiks (Ovozi tojik)” , only in 2013 they published 51 articles, the employee of “ECOSAN” and newspaper “Ecology-Health (Ecologiya-salomatlik)”(under the grant of Oliy Majlis “ECOSAN” provides help to this newspaper from Surkhandarya region). Several times they became winners of Republican competitive of eco-reporting “Leopard(Koplon)”.
“ECOSAN” foundation during the reported period 3 times became a winner of grant projects of Oliy Majlis public foundation, and it is important to note, that it successfully deal with them , obtain experience and authority among state bodies, especially NCOs:
- “Exercise of untraditional ecological education among children of pre-school and school ages ”;
- “Preparation of teaching guide «Use of alternative energy sources and its economical perspectives ”, and its publishing”;
- “Assistance to Surkhandarya regional newspaper “Ecology-health (Ekologiya-salomatlik)” in improvement of propaganda activity among population considering ecological culture and healthy lifestyle”.
At the present time, continuous improvement and mobile activity of IPF “ECOSAN” has barrier – economical problems. As in the charter of Foundation in its financial provision is stated that the funds should be provided by regularly held in Republic mass activities as Hashars and other charity events.
However, from year 2009 public Hashars in the Republic and other charity events sponsored by IPF “ECOSAN” were not held in the framework of State program. It is necessary to give proper respect to the fact that during all these reporting years this factor has a negative impact in financial state of the Foundation.
On the basis of this, all employees of regional branches (except the Republic of Karakalpakstan, Surkhandarya and Fergana) of IPF “ECOSAN” were placed on leave “without pay”, and members of the Central Office of IPF “ECOSAN” at the present moment constitute 7 employees (including 2 part-time).
Surely, if the financial problem would be solved positively, IPF “ECOSAN” would resume activities in its regional branches and , of course, the Central Office would become more active, even in present financially difficult conditions, which were faced by the Foundation, noticed (known as a leader among NCOs) by its proficiency considering fact of the matter, organizational skills in the sphere of environmental protection, especially publishing and distribution of ecological literature and posters, on a humanitarian basis, fur purposes of improvement in ecological awareness, culture and attitude of citizens in Uzbekistan, detailed preparation and execution of awareness-building, promotion events and also review-competitions among population, especially youth: children in pre-school services; pupils in regular schools, colleges, lyceums, students of higher educational institutions